e-Databases - e-ShodhSindhu: Consortium
- Institute for Studies in IndustrialDevelopment (ISID)The Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID), a sponsored institution of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), is a public-funded, non-commercial research and development institution in social science.
It provides access to Indexes of 125 Indian Social Science journals and major newspaper articles, editorials and news features.
- JCCC Gateway Portal J-Gate Custom Content for Consortium (JCCC) is a virtual library of journal literature created as a customized e-journals access gateway and database solution. It acts as a one point access to 7900+ journals subscribed currently under UGC INFONET Digital library consortium as well as university libraries designated as Inter Library Loan (ILL) Centers besides index to open access journals. INFLIBNET has identified 22 potential universities as ILL Centers in the country to fulfill ILL request from the users affiliated to universities covered under UGC- INFONET Digital Library Consortium.
JCCC has facility to trigger e-mail request for article to Inter Library Loan Centers as well as to INFLIBNET Centre
- MathSciNet is an electronic publication offering access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature. Over 80,000 new items are added each year, most of them classified according to the Mathematics Subject Classification. Authors are uniquely identified, enabling a search for publications by individual author rather than by name string.MathSciNet
- The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is the Professional Body for chemists and the Learned Society for chemistry. It is one of the most prominent and influential independent scientific organisations in Britain. Through its 45,000 members, including academics, teachers and industrialists, the RSC promotes the interests of chemists and the benefits of chemical science. The RSC's educational activities provide information and training opportunities for both students and teachers. The RSC is extremely active in determining the future of chemical education, seeking to influence Government by submitting evidence to Parliament and anticipating developments in education policy.
The archival access is made available for 23 full text journals with 6 Databases from 1997- onwards. Royal Society of Chemistry (6 Databases)
- SciFinder ScholarSciFinder provides easy access to Chemical Abstracts databases containing the most comprehensive collection of scientific literature, patents, substances and reactions since 1907.
SciFinder is operated by Chemical Abstracts, Columbus, Ohio (USA) which is the sole authority that assigns CAS Registry Numbers to new substances. SciFinder is updated with 15,000 new substances daily!
SciFinder covers 10,500 journals and patents from 63 issuing authorities (including India), more than 67 million single/multi step reactions, more than 74 million organic/inorganic substances and more than 64 million bio-sequences. (Web site - http://www.cas.org/products/scifindr/index.html )
SciFinder covers multi-disciplinary research areas such as Chemistry, Biotechnology, Metallurgy, Pharmacy, Engineering, Physics, Polymers etc.
- South Asia Archive
The South Asia Archive is an extensive resource for students and scholars across the humanities and social sciences. The historical documents within the Archive are truly interdisciplinary, reflecting the varied range of knowledge production in colonial and early post-colonial India and the wider sub-continent.
- Web of Science (Science Citation Index - SCI, Social Science Citation Index - SSCI and Arts & Humanities Citation Index - AHCI)The Web of Science is a collection of multidisciplinary databases. Citation databases with over 12,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 140,000 conferences.It includes
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Science
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Social Sciences & Humanities
e-Databases - University Subscription
- Adbrands.netAdbrands.net contains a wealth of information about all things advertising and brands, including company profiles, Adbrands account assignments and the Adbrands weekly update.
For login assistance, contact Journal Section / IT Section.
- Academic Video OnlineAcademic Video Online: Premium (AVON) is a comprehensive video subscription available to libraries. It delivers more than 60,000 video titles on issues worldwide spanning subject areas including Anthropology, Art & Design, Business, Criminal Justice, Diversity Studies, Education, Gender & Sexuality, Health Sciences, History, Literature & Language, Music & Performing Arts, Psychology & Counseling, Science & Engineering, and Social Sciences. AVON supplements the titles previously available in VAST: Academic Video Online and offers more than 12,000 titles that are exclusive to Alexander Street.
The collection includes content from over 1,500 leading distributors, producers, and filmmakers including: 60 Minutes /CBS, PBS, BBC, NBC, Intelecom, Insight Media, Microtraining, Filmakers Library, Envision, Inc., Stanley Milgram, Dallas Telecourses, and Davidson Films
- Bloomberg Bloomberg is an online database providing current and historical financial quotes, business newswires, and descriptive information, research and statistics on over 52,000 companies worldwide.
Accessible only in the Library, for assistance please contact IT Section.
- Capitaline Database Capitaline is the most reliable and empowered Indian Corporate database. Analyze companies with the most accurate, transparent financials in the market place covering over 23,000 companies with over 2500 unique financial data items and 300 industry specific items. Perform in-depth historical research and analysis with historical fundamental and market-data. The database is complemented with powerful analytical software tools to enable extensive querying and research.
- CMIE (Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy) Databases
Users need to create a login by registration themselves in any of the CMIE product web site. One Registration will work for for all the CMIE Products.
- EBSCO Databases
EBSCOhost is an online reference system that offers a variety of full text databases ranging from general reference collections to specially designed, subject-specific databases.
- Academic Search CompleteAcademic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887, with the majority of full text titles in native (searchable) PDF format. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals. (8500 Journals Full text)
- Business Source CompleteBusiness Source Complete is the world's definitive scholarly business database, providing the leading collection of bibliographic and full text content. As part of the comprehensive coverage offered by this database, indexing and abstracts for the most important scholarly business journals back as far as 1886 are included. In addition, searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,300 journals. (1300 Journals Full text)
- Education Research CompleteEducation Research Complete is the definitive online resource for education research. Topics covered include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education, and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing. Education Research Complete provides indexing and abstracts for more than 2,100 journals, as well as full text for more than 1,200 journals, and includes full text for nearly 500 books and monographs. (1200 Journals Full text and 550 E-Books)
EconLit with Full Text contains all of the indexing available in EconLit, plus full text for nearly 600 journals, including the American Economic Association journals with no embargo.( 600 Journals Full text)
- Food Science Source Food Science Source is an extensive full-text database designed to support the informational needs of the food industry at all levels. This collection offers unmatched full-text coverage of information relevant to many areas that are integral to the food industry. This database offers cover-to-cover full-text coverage for more than 1,400 publications, including journals, monographs, magazines, and trade publications, all directly dealing with food industry-related issues. More than 1,000 key food industry and market reports are available.( 1400 Journals Full text)
- Humanities SourceHumanities Source is designed to meet the needs of students, researchers and educators interested in all aspects of the humanities. The collection includes full text for more than 1,400 journals, with citations to over 3.5 million articles, including book reviews. Coverage in Humanities Source includes worldwide content pertaining to literary, scholarly and creative thought.
- Regional Business NewsThis database provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. Regional Business News incorporates coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States. Click here for a complete title list. Click here for more info.
GreenFILE offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 384,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 4,700 records.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA)-125 Journals Full text
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) indexes more than 560 core journals, nearly 50 priority journals, and nearly 125 selective journals; plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s.
- Teacher Reference CenterTeacher Reference Center provides indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
- Research Starters - EducationResearch Starters - Education provides students with a solid foundation for their research and assignments, as well as overview information on topics relevant to their studies. Comprehensive summaries of discipline-specific topics help students to grasp the broad outlines of a subject, realize its real world applications, critically engage it, and locate sources for advanced research. Articles average 3,000 words, providing concise yet more in-depth content than most textbook or encyclopedia entries.
- Research Starters - SociologyResearch Starters - Sociology provides students with a solid foundation for their research and assignments, as well as overview information on topics relevant to their studies. Comprehensive summaries of discipline-specific topics help students to grasp the broad outlines of a subject, realize its real world applications, critically engage it, and locate sources for advanced research. Articles average 3,000 words, providing concise yet more in-depth content than most textbook or encyclopedia entries.
- Research Starters - BusinessThis database provides business students with a solid foundation for their research and assignments, as well as overview information on topics relevant to their studies. Comprehensive summaries of discipline-specific topics help students to grasp the broad outlines of a subject, realize its real world applications, critically engage it, and locate sources for advanced research. Articles average 3,000 words, providing concise yet more in-depth content than most textbook or encyclopedia entries.
- GeoScienceWorldGeoScienceWorld (GSW) is a nonprofit collaborative and comprehensive Internet resource for research and communications in the geosciences, which is built on a core database aggregation of peer-reviewed journals indexed, linked, and inter-operable with GeoRef abstract and index service. The founding organizations are American Association of Petroleum Geologists, American Geosciences Institute, Geological Society of America, Geological Society of London, Mineralogical Society of America, Society for Sedimentary Geology and Society of Exploration Geophysicists.
GeoScience World (GSW) currently indexes and makes available online 46 high-impact full-text scholarly journals plus specialized searching capabilities and links to millions of relevant resources hosted elsewhere on the Web. The database contains over 3.6 million references to geoscience journal articles, books, maps, conference papers, reports and theses.
( 46 Journals Full text)
- Henry Stewart Talks (video) - Biomedical & Life Sciences CollectionHenry Stewart Talks - Biomedical and Life Sciences Collection provides immediate access to over 1500 online seminar style talks containing the latest research, developments as well as the fundamentals presented by the world's leading experts including a number of Nobel Laureates. | New Releases
- Henry Stewart Talks (video) - The Business & Management CollectionHenry Stewart Talks publishes animated audio visual presentations by world leading experts - advanced content in a user friendly format. Every talk has been specially commissioned with informative visuals and synchronized narration. The Business & Management Collection provides immediate online access to over 900 seminar style talks. The Collection includes specially prepared audio-visual lectures, delivered by principals, managers and advisors from the business world and from leading academics. It makes available a wide range of detailed, practical knowledge on subjects including Economics, Finance & Accounting, Global Business Management, Management, Leadership & Organization, Marketing & Sales, Strategy, Technology & Operations and more.
- IndiastatIndiastat.com is India's comprehensive information portal, that provides recent, authentic & exhaustive socio economic data/information. It is a cluster of 51 sites including India specific, Sector specific and State specific sites rendering its dedicated services to the research fraternity from academic, professional and corporate world with authentic and comprehensive compilation of secondary level socio economic statistical data about India and its states on more than 35 variables.
For login assistance, contact Journal Section / IT Section.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) eLibraryInternational Monetary Fund (IMF) eLibrary is a comprehensive, easy to use source of unrivaled research and statistics on financial and economic development. IMF eLibrary offers entire catalogue of more than 12,000 publications in several digital formats and the following IMF's premier statistical databases:
International Financial Statistics (IFS) Database
Balance of Payment Statistics (BOPS) Database
Direction of Trade Statistics (DOTS) Database
Government Finance Statistics (GFS) Database
Manuals and Guides
- Journal Citation Report(JCR) - for Impact Factor of JournalsJournal Citation Reports(JCR) is a comprehensive and unique resource that allows you to evaluate and compare journals using citation data drawn from over 7,500 scholarly and technical journals from more than 3,300 publishers in over 60 countries. It is the only source of citation data on journals, and includes virtually all areas of science, technology, and social sciences.
Journal Citation Reports can show you the:
- Most frequently cited journals in a field
- Highest impact journals in a field
- Largest journals in a field
- Press Reader
PressReader provides online access to today's newspapers from over 100 countries around the world in over 60 languages in a full-color, full-page format. The ever-expanding collection currently includes over 5,000. Just like reading the familiar print edition, viewers can browse articles and other key content, such as pictures, advertisements, classifieds, and notices. Customers have the ability to perform keyword searches across all titles and the entire archive.
PressReader provides advanced digital features such as interactive tables of content, foreign language translation in 17 different languages, cross title searching, sharing of articles through email or blog postings, bookmarks and text-to-voice conversion.
Offers today's newspaper in a full color, full image format allowing users to see how the print newspaper actually appeared
Over 5,000 U.S. and international newspaper titles and magazines
90 day archive
Print functionality for all titles
No plug-in required
Keyword searching across all titles and entire archive
PressReader App for library users to download titles to their mobile device via the Wifi
- PROQUEST Databases
- Sage Research Methods Online (SRMO)
SAGE Research Methods is an award-winning tool created to help researchers, faculty and students with their research projects. The platform links over 100,000 pages of SAGE's renowned book, journal and reference content with truly advanced search and discovery tools. Researchers can explore methods concepts to help them design research projects, understand a particular method or identify a new method, and write up their research.
SAGE Research Methods contains content from over 640 books, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and handbooks, the entire "Little Green Book," and "Little Blue Book" series, two Major Works collating a selection of journal articles, and newly commissioned videos.
- SCOPUS Scopus is the world's largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature.
(Abstracts from 16,000+ journals) Guide
- Contains 47 million records, 70% with abstracts
- Over 19,500 titles from 5,000 publishers worldwide
- Includes over 4.9 million conference papers
- Provides 100% Medline coverage
- Interoperability with Engineering Village
- Interoperability with Reaxys, a unique chemistry workflow solution. Learn more
- Offers sophisticated tools to track, analyze and visualize research
- Springer Materials has the biggest data resources of Materials Science. The high quality of data come from Landolt Bornstein Database, the inorganic solid phase of Linus Pauling File Database, the thermophysical properties of organic compounds of Dortmund Data Bank, The safety supervision chemical security database of REACH, GHS, RoHS and WEEE. Its contents examined and appraised by thousands of experts, are accurate and reliable, quarterly update, synchronize with the development of science and technology. According to the workflows and habits of researchers, it is equipped with a variety of flexible search tools, including clement click searching and Chemical structure searching.Springer Materials